Friday, January 7, 2011

Natalie and Amy Status Summary

We just wanted to take a moment to summarize where Amy is for those that never got a summary. 

Amy is 34 weeks pregnant with our third child (Natalie) and went for a level 2 ultrasound on 12/28 because I have too much amniotic fluid.  The baby’s brain, heart, kidneys looked normal. The ultrasound did show that she has some sort of blockage of the intestines. It could be a structural defect or a genetic defect. They called it a 'soft' marker for Down's Syndrome. When she is born, we will watch to see if she's able to eat anything and, if not, she will need surgery to remove the blockage. As for Amy, the amniotic fluid could continue to build and eventually cause me trouble breathing.  I’m at that point now so, though not on bed rest, I can’t go out much.  They told me yesterday that if I start having chest pain from the fluid pushing on my lungs, they can remove some of the fluid but there is a high risk of breaking the water.  If they remove some of the amniotic fluid, we can have a test done to tell more about Down's syndrome.  The doctor is moving up the C-section to the last week of January but told me yesterday he didn’t think I’d make it that long. 

David’s doctor did tell him he could start driving again on January 30th, but because we aren’t sure how we’d get him home if I had to go to the hospital, he’s started driving to work again. 

Thank you so much for everyone’s prayers and help!!!  We have a lot of people praying for us and offering to help.  We really appreciate it, and plan on taking up those offers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment