Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lego Mania!

i-BRfZ3hD-XLZach’s birthday party was fun though crazy as usual.  I got the cake done on Friday night, thankfully, because Natalie woke up late that night with a croup-like cough so we had to let her sleep in the pack-n-play in our room.  Needless to say, we didn’t get much sleep so it was good most everything was done before we went to bed.

We started out with ‘I Spy the Lego Guy.’  8 Lego men cutouts were hidden in our living room and the boys had to find them.  Zach and Julia played the night before and thought it was a lot of fun until Zach started hiding the Lego men under pillows!  Next was a Lego relay race and then on to the piñata.  I made a piñata out of a diaper box and 6 tin cans.  I covered it with green crepe paper and watered down glue.  The whole process gave me very green thumbs but still not much is growing in our yard!

i-cQkPLHJ-X2

i-FbDJbG8-X2

After we finally had to rip it open by hand, we moved on to pizza and cake.

i-2pTqZWx-XLi-BhSVwqv-XL

Zach patiently waited for pictures of the Lego cake.i-BZZkXJ3-XLi-ffVX9G6-X2 

 

 

 

 

I took a 9x13 chocolate cake and cut a sliver off the end.  I cut the rest in half and stacked the two pieces on top of each other.  Natalie’s bottle tops served as the Lego bump pattern.  Then, the whole thing got covered in green icing- the birthday boy’s favorite color!  We decorated it with people to add some interest and hide some of the icing imperfections.

Make a wish, Zach!

i-CFdbn5J-XLi-VD27Hbm-XL

Natalie was in and out of sleep in her infant seat the whole time.  Thought she looked a little like the Lego Man plate I made.

 i-XgBdfbP-XLi-STmtvJC-XL

 

 

 

 

After lunch, David got the boys building with Legos in what supposed to be a ‘creative collaboration’ but they just wanted to all do their own thing and it was still fun. 

The Lego pinata is in the background of this picture.  Most of the close up pictures of it had me in it too that I’d rather not see again ever.  Also, the lego man plates are on the table.  I took square yellow plates, cut out some rectangles for the Lego head bump, and drew some faces on them.  Zach’s plate was ‘Clutch Powers’ (a lego hero) and I had to make a special ‘girl’ face for Julia.i-Jq5npZr-X2

i-jmggtm9-XL

Zach had fun so it was a success.  I’m glad I only do one party a year, though!

Amy

1 comment: