Tuesday, May 24, 2011

10 Books a Day

Natalie had herDSC_20110523_175953 first speech therapy session yesterday and we have lots of homework!  We are to talk and sing as much as possible, go on listening walks, and read 10 books a day.  The speech therapist suggested we have a stack of 10 and anyone who comes in the house is required to read one book to her.  I looked after the speech teacher left and we have 8 picture books left from Zach and Julia that I could read daily.  I’m not one to save things and since storage is low around here as soon as Julia grew out of some things, I gave them away.  So, I’m on the lookout for some board books that will be good for Natalie but not drive me crazy.  I just went through Honey for a Child’s Heart and ordered a few of their recommendations from Amazon but if anyone has suggestions, send them my way!

Yesterday, Natalie was irritable but mildly so.  She wouldn’t smile much.  I thought it was strange so since she had a cough and a low fever too, I ask the doctor to look at her while we were there for Zach’s birthday checkup.  Sure enough, she has her first ear infection.  They’ve told us it could happen a lot.  I gave her some Tylenol in the afternoon and by the time David got home she was all smiles again.  When the Tylenol wears off, though, I can tell she’s not feeling well.  I also think she’s having a hard time going #2 still.  She had a small amount on Saturday but before that, it was last Wednesday.  She keeps grunting and crying and passing gas.  We’ll see the surgeon Thursday that repaired her duodenal atresia so hopefully he’ll agree that it’s just one of those things like the other doctors have been saying.

Will post later about Zach’s Lego party.  Our friend, Melanie, took lots of great pictures so thought it should be a separate post.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. I recommend _Thank You, God_ and _How Do I Love You_ by P.K. Hallinan. Those are two books I never tire of reading over and over to my little ones :) I've gotten a little behind on your blog, but am catching up this morning. Even though I have never met her, Natalie (via this blog) continues to be such a blessing in my life. Thank you for posting faithfully!
    ~

    ReplyDelete