Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Star Band Week One

DSC_20111115_080125Natalie started wearing her star band on November 15th!  My first try at putting it on her made her cry but I’ve gotten better as we’ve gone along and we’ve had no tears since.  She’s been handling the change pretty well.  We started with one hour on, one hour off and today two hours on, one off.  The first day, she cried a little bit when she was on her back with the helmet on.  Today, she fell asleep on the floor while playing with it on.  Tomorrow she’ll wear it 4 hours on, 1 hour off and during naps and night time sleep.  Feels like a big jump but I think she’s already getting used to it so hopefully it won’t disturb her sleep.

 

Putting on Natalie’s Helmet

She’s also rolling all over the room now.  She just started rolling last week so I was a little worried the extra weight of the helmet would slow her progress.  It doesn’t seem to be bothering her a bit.  The pink helmet is easier for me to see pop up off the floor from the other side of the room so now I’m actually catching her rolling more often!

I couldn’t resist painting the helmet so we had a wild day once we got the star band.  I needed to get it painted and dry as fast as I could.  I like the way it turned out but am not sure if the paint will stick the whole time she has to wear it.  So far so good.  I taped it all up and spray painted the whole outside with a pink paint that said would stick to ‘most’ plastics.  Then I used acrylic paint for the butterflies and flowers and finished up with varnish to hopefully keep it from chipping.  We’ll see how it goes.

DSC_20111115_080349DSC_20111115_075805

DSC_20111115_080201DSC_20111115_080239

So, we’ve officially started the process.  In two weeks, we have an appointment in two weeks to check on her progress.  Though I’ll miss seeing that little head of hair, I think the cheeks make up for it!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought you stole a picture of my daughter! She just started wearing the band as well (week 3) and they look so much alike! Mine also has a full set of hair...which the band has caused a slight bald spot in the back. My daughter also has a "lazy" eye lid on the same side. If youd like to talk, email at nrh24@hotmail.com Our daughter was a twin and has other issues as well, minor. Love the decoration! I wish I could paint!

    ReplyDelete